22 June 2009

22 June Update

This week is going to be a very busy week for me as several new things are coming up as well as continuing projects. Tomorrow there is a GLIFAA sponsored event with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton at the State department who will be introducing keynot speaker Eleanor (Eldie) Acheson, former Assistant Attorney General and Director of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force. I will also be attending a benefit party with the International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission. I hope to make some great connections at these events; I will write about them in more detail after I go to those events. I am also continuing to work on the research paper that was mentioned in my first blog post on gay immigrants. I have an outline drafted and will now work on gather information from interviews. Other events I will be attending this week include two events on Wednesday by John Berry, U.S. Office of Personnel Management, and several others. I will write more on them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment